Emergency Boiler and Plumbing Advice
- Gas leak
If you think you have a gas leak, you MUST call the National Gas Emergency Service on 0800 111 999. They will attend your property and isolate the leak for you.
- Turn off your gas supply at the meter
- Open all your doors and windows
- Do not smoke or light a match
- Make sure any naked flames are put out or switched off
- Avoid using electrical switches & appliances
- Water leak
A burst water pipe can be a serious emergency, and it is essential you act quickly to minimise damage. It is recommended you familiarise yourself with this guide.
- Turn off the water supply – turn off the main stop tap valve (usually found under the sink, under-stairs cupboard or garage) and drain the water system by turning on all the taps
- Switch off your central heating – once your boiler has shut down turn off all electricity at the fuse board
- Collect water – to prevent the spread of water and further damage building materials place a bucket under the leak to catch the water
- Call a plumber – you will need a qualified professional to attend your property to instruct you further